The new Technical Regulations concerning the vehicles safety take effect in December 2014 in Kazakhstan.
The corresponding decree of enactment was signed on November 26, 2014.
The Technical Regulations (hereinafter “Regulations”) are aimed to establish the uniform and mandatory vehicles’ safety requirements.
The Regulation determines the mechanical vehicles and trailers to which the mentioned requirements are applicable. It is also worth mentioning that the provisions of the Regulations are not applicable to the following categories of vehicles and components:
- Low-speed vehicles with a declared speed not exceeding 25 km/h;
- Vehicles transported to the Republic of Kazakhstan for the period not exceeding 6 months or vehicles with customs duties preventing the option of expropriation;
- Vehicles not designed to be operated on public roads of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Vehicles designed specifically for sports and competitions;
- Vehicles purchased within framework of a defense order.
In addition we would like to emphasize that the Regulation prescribes compulsory left-sided steering location for vehicles manufactured in Kazakhstan and submitted for primary registration as well as it establishes the requirements for vehicles’ external noise levels.
We hope that the provided information shall appear to be useful for your business. Shall you have any questions in respect to provisions rendered above please feel free to contact us.