Duman Akhmetov joined the team of Integrites in 2010. Since 2012 Mr. Akhmetov is a Partner of Integrites Kazakhstan office.
He mainly coordinates projects related to the corporate matters, mergers and acquisitions, tax, customs and antitrust regulation. Also he engaged in support of projects in the real estate and construction, and project financing.
Duman Akhmetov has extensive experience in pre-trial and judicial disputes resolution and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards in Kazakhstan.
Prior to joining Integrites Mr. Akhmetov worked as a Counsel in RESMI Group, then he worked as the head of the legal department of KAZEXIM Group Company and the head of the legal department of construction company Mobil Stroy.
Duman Akhmetov has participated in providing legal support for the following companies: Kazpetrol Group, GazProm Neft – Kazakhstan, MICHELIN, Araltuz, Scandic Optical Limited, Ground Support Equipment FZE, Petroleum Production International, Metal Group UK Limited, Panalpina World Transport, Kusto Group, Alfa Bank, BTA Insurance Company, Semei Cement Plant, Altel, M&M Logistics, Alcohol Traditions, TESCO Corporation, New Products Group and others.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representation the large oil trader of Kazakhstan in major dispute vs. Customs Committee of Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan due to the illegal detention of the oil tank wagons;
- Representation of interests of Kazakh Investment Company in acquiring of one of the biggest confectionery plant in Kazakhstan owned by British company;
- Advising a leading Russian producer and seller of tea products on certain issues related to the importation of tea products into Kazakhstan;
- Legal support in acquisition of a large network of service stations in the Aktobe region of Kazakhstan;
- Representation of interests of the large oil trader of Kazakhstan in a dispute with the customs authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan regarding unlawful detention of a large consignment of tank cars with fuel lubricating oil, which followed from Russia to Kyrgyzstan;
- Consulting a Kazakh Holding Company in the IP issues;
- Consulting a one of the world's largest manufacturers of computers on intellectual property issues;
- Drafting a consortium agreement between major construction companies for a joint implementation of the construction project: a multifunctional office and residential compound in Almaty, (estimated cost: 250,000,000 US dollars);
- Structuring and support of the transaction regulating acquisition of the controlling block of shares of a major Kazakh confectionery factory;
- Representation of interests of the largest Russian oil & gas company before court in the case for recognition of illegality of investigation of antitrust law violations and charges of anti-competition coordinated actions;
- Representation of interests of a major advertising company in the conflict concerning unfair competition on the advertising services market;
- Preparing a memo for a Russian servicing company on the types of the taxes applied in Kazakhstan to the activity of a servicing company with a foreign participation;
- Protestation of the tax audit results in the interests of a major cement plant in part of additional tax assessment in the amount of 400,000 US dollars;
- Protestation of the actions of tax authorities on de-registration of a taxpayer for the VAT application in result of a tax inspection of the company’s location;
- Consulting an investment company on the customs procedures in the course of importing an aircraft to the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Consulting a major Kazakh corn producer on tolling within the corn processing scheme at a molasses factory in Kyrgyzstan;
- Consulting a major international security agency on the matters of the activity licensure in the field of handling the ionizing radiation devices and installations (use of the ionizing radiation devices and installations);
- Consulting a major Ukrainian alcohol goods manufacturer on recognition of illegality of the trademark registration;
- Preparing documentation and application for registration of the trademark of a major pharmaceutical company in Kazakhstan;
- Structuring and support of a transaction regulating sale of a land plot in Almaty for public use on behalf of a major Kazakh developer company. Amount of the transaction: 35,000,000 US dollars;
- Representation of interests of a major international optical goods retailer in the dispute on recognition of illegality of the transaction for sale of the store chain (cost of the store chain: 5,000,000 US dollars).
- International Academy of Business (IAB), Master of Business Administration, Diploma with Excellence (Almaty, Kazakhstan);
- Academy of Jurisprudence - Higher School of Law “Adilet”, Bachelor of Arts in Law, Diploma with Honours (Almaty, Kazakhstan).
- Declaration of Income: Pros and Cons, Analytical Magazine RCBK (Securities Market of Kazakhstan), №1-2 (237-238) January-February 2014;
- Legal aspects applicable for determining the price of land in case the latter is to be withdrawed by the State for its needs, De-Yure Magazine, №11, November 2014; Promyshlennost Kazakhstana Magazine, №5 (86), 2014;
- Some Aspects of the Use of Trademarks, Zakon.kz, http://pravo.zakon.kz/4686490-nekotorye-aktualnye-voprosy.html;
- Practical aspects of the protection of intellectual property by the customs authorities in Kazakhstan, Buhgalter i Pravo Magazine, №2 (104), February 2015;
- “Some legal issues of preliminary hearing”, “The World of Law” Scientific Practical Journal, Globus Publication, Almaty, Kazakhstan (September, 2000).