Today, the Republic of Kazakhstan is one of the most dynamically developing countries in Central Asia and the CIS.
The country has huge reserves of mineral resources, including oil and gas, which makes it one of the largest oil producers in the world. Kazakhstan is among the top CIS countries by volume of mineral reserves.
Several long-term socio-economic reforms that are being successfully implemented within Kazakhstan Strategy 2050, help the country build a stable, up-to-date and future-oriented economic, social, political and administrative framework for successful business development.
Active commerce and successful business development require competent legal support of projects and transactions. It helps reduce the risks and prevent possible negative consequences, including material, in some situations, and also improve the Company’s image, indicate a high level of culture and doing business.
For over a decade, INTEGRITES has provided top quality legal services to foreign and local companies to help them successfully conduct business in Kazakhstan.
INTEGRITES is one of the top international law firms in the CIS with more than 100 lawyers and a network of offices and representatives in Kazakhstan (Aktau, Almaty, Astana, Atyrau, Karaganda), Germany (Munich), the Netherlands (Amsterdam), Russia (Moscow), Ukraine (Kiev) and the United Kingdom (London).
INTEGRITES lawyers have been recognized internationally including in The Legal 500, Chambers and Partners, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal.
Our experts work with lawyers from other INTEGRITES offices in the UK, Russia and Ukraine, when needed. When dealing with complicated international projects, INTEGRITES Kazakhstan closely collaborates with the top African, American, Chinese, English, European, Indian and Korean law firms.
We have large foreign and national companies among our clients such as Agip KCO, Altel, ENI S.p.A., Microsoft, Panalpina World Transport, GazpromNeft – Kazakhstan, TESCO Corporation, Michelin, Kusto Group, Lancaster Group, Alfa Bank, Alliance Bank, HSBC (Kazakhstan), Bank «Astana-Finance», Worley Parsons, KazPetrol Group, Danone, Rolls Royce, Araltuz, SAF Glass Works, Kostanai Minerals, Minova and many others.
- Representation of interests of a major Canadian mineral mining company in negotiations with Ertis Social and Entrepreneurship Company on the joint development of a gold field with financing obligations in the amount of USD 4,500,000; support of direct negotiations with the competent authority and performance of the subsurface use contract;
- Drafting of a consortium agreement between major construction companies for a joint implementation of a construction project: a multifunctional office and residential compound in Almaty, (estimated cost: USD 250,000,000);
- Structuring and support of the transaction regulating acquisition of the controlling stake in a major Kazakh confectionery factory;
- Legal review of the partnership agreement and participation in negotiations with Tauken-Samruk National Mining Company in relation to acquisition of the subsurface rights for development of a copper field;
- Adapting the terms of FIDIC-based contract to Kazakh regulations and requirements upon the request of an international software development company;
- Representation of interests of the largest Russian oil & gas company in the case on declaring the results of the investigation into antitrust law violations and charges of anti-competition concerted actions illegal;
- Consulting a major Ukrainian alcoholic beverage company on declaring registration of the trademark by a third party illegal;
- Obtaining a license for provision of services in the field of the atomic power use for a major U.S. company engaged in designing major industrial objects;
- Obtaining a license for performance of works associated with the life cycle of the atomic power use subjects for a major U.S. company engaged in designing major industrial objects;
- Preparing a memo for a Russian servicing company on the types of taxes applied in Kazakhstan to the activity of a servicing company with a foreign share;
- Preparing a legal opinion on optimization of the tax burden following acquisition of a controlling stake in a major Kazakh confectionery factory;
- Consulting major Kazakh and international companies on taxation of income obtained from the sources in the Republic of Kazakhstan by non-residents registered (incorporated) in the states with preferential taxation (offshore);
- Representation of interests of a major Canadian mineral mining company in the process of obtaining a geological allotment, settlement of the dispute with the competent authority concerning the geological allotment’s borders;
- Support of the transaction regulating alienation of a share in a Kazakh oil producing company, including support of obtaining the government’s waiver of the preference right, permission for the transaction from a competent authority and permission for economic concentration from the antitrust authority.
- Structuring and support of a transaction regulating sale of a land plot in Almaty for public use on behalf of a major Kazakh developer company. Amount of the transaction: USD 35,000,000;
- Representation of interests of a major international optical goods retailer in the dispute on declaring illegal the transaction for sale of the store chain (cost of the store chain: USD 5,000,000);
- Representation of interests of a group of Dutch investment companies in a dispute with a major Kazakh bank on early recovery of the debt in the amount of USD 790,000,000 as a result of breach of the terms and provisions of the general credit agreement by the borrowers;
- Representation of a leading mining company before the court in consideration of the prosecutor’s claim in interests of a bank on recovery of the corporate guarantee and the counterclaim on recognition of the issued guarantee as invalid;
- Representation of interests of a major Kazakh investment company in a judicial proceeding on recognition of illegality of the sellers’ actions of termination of the agreement regulating sale and purchase of a stake in the charter capital of a mining company worth USD 10,000,000;
- Recognition and enforcement of the decision of the Moscow Arbitration Court on recovery of RUR 8,000,000 debt on behalf of a major Russian tires producer from a Kazakh company;
- Consulting an international oil producing company on termination of employment relations at the employer’s initiative with a top manager (a foreign citizen) due to impairment of the company’s business reputation by such top manager;
- Representation of the interests of a major oil producing company in a labor dispute on a claim of the company’s former employee with demand of reinstatement of employment;
- Performing Due Diligence of a Kazakh geological survey and prospecting company operating in the field of uranium production on the aspects of the company's transformation into a joint-stock company;
- Structuring and support of the transaction regulating purchase of a stake in a Kazakh bank, obtaining a status of the major shareholder of the bank. Amount of the transaction: USD 100,000,000;
- Representation of interests of a major Kazakh salt extracting and processing company in the dispute with a major Kazakh bank on recognition of termination of a corporate guarantee in the amount of USD 500,000.