Olena Perepelynska, Partner and Head of International Arbitration at INTEGRITES, has been re-elected as a President of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association (UAA) for the next 4 years. Being one of the founding members and a member of the UAA Board elected in 2012 and 2015, she became the second UAA’s President in 2016.
During the past 4 years, she initiated and contributed to implementation of a number of important projects, including:
- Launching of Database of Arbitrators suitable to sit in Ukraine-related international arbitrations.
- Joining of the UAA to ERA-PLEDGE initiative for gender equality in the field of arbitration.
- Leading the Working Group on Improvement of Ukrainian arbitration legislation. In 2017 the Working Group provided its comments and suggested amendments to Draft Law 6232 and in 2019 sent its new proposals to the Commission on Legal Reform.
- Inclusion of the UAA in the list of non-governmental organizations eligible for invitation to the sessions of UNCITRAL Working Group II.
- Collecting all official language versions of all Ukraine’s BITs and clarifying their status with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
- Sharing knowledge of international experts in commercial arbitration with the law students at annual Arbitration School.
- Bringing together the leading experts in arbitration to discuss the most topical issues during webinars and conferences.
“UAA plays a central role in the development and promotion of arbitration and arbitrators in Ukraine. Being sure that Ukraine can become more arbitration-friendly jurisdiction, together with other UAA members we are planning to improve arbitration legislation, court practice, educations of Ukrainian lawyers for both counsel and arbitrator work in order to achieve this goal. We have already implemented a number of initiatives in the working groups and through sharing experience with the international arbitration community and are planning to keep the pace for the next 4 years” – commented Olena her appointment.
The Ukrainian Arbitration Association is a non-profit NGO that brings together lawyers, regardless of their belonging to a particular jurisdiction, who are professionally engaged or interested in the practice of the disputes in the sphere of international arbitration. It was founded in September 2012 by the initiative of the Ukrainian and foreign arbitration experts.