Olena Perepelynska, Partner and Head of CIS Arbitration practice at INTEGRITES, spoke at the ICC YAF Conference: Procedure in International Arbitration: Different Perspectives and Expectations, held on May 31 on Cyprus.
Olena focused her speech on perspectives in Ukraine and CIS States and told about:
- Common feature of arbitration in the CIS region
- The ICA Law of Ukraine deviations from the UNCITRAL Model Law
- New arbitrability rules
- Electronic Form of Arbitration Agreement
- Enforcement of Arbitration Agreements
She also highlighted such issues, as:
- Security for arbitration costs’ for interim measures of the arbitral tribunal
- Adverse Inference
- Court Assistance in Taking of Evidence
Olena also gave statistics on setting aside arbitral awards in 2015-2018 as well as on recognition & enforcement in 2017-2019, which was followed by a vivid discussion in the audience.
Full presentation available here.