Viktoriya Fomenko, Partner and Head of Tax and Customs at INTEGRITES, spoke at InvestPro Ukraine Kyiv 2020* that took place in Kyiv on September 25, 2020.
Viktoriya shared the cases from the EU and Russian court practice regarding the beneficial owner concept, and covered:
- Benefits of applying сonventions on avoidance of double taxation, in particular, effective exemption of income from taxation and the application of the reduced tax rate
- Changes in application of conventions due to the adoption of Law No. 466-IX
- Application of MLI Convention in Ukraine
- Terms of applying conventions on avoidance of double taxation
Among speakers at InvestPro Ukraine Kyiv 2020 were representatives of legal and other consultancies from Ukraine, Greece, Switzerland and Cyprus. Topics on the agenda included the responsibility of top managers and business owners before the creditors and investors, asset protection, CFC, new laws during the COVID period, corporate restructuring.
* InvestPro is the annual international B2C conference and exhibition organized by Bosco Conference.