Rashid Gaissin, Co-Managing Partner of the International Law Firm “INTEGRITES Kazakhstan”, moderated the panel session “Updated information on withdrawal from the EU and its implications for resolving disputes and capital market sectors in the UK” in the framework of the “English Law Summit” on April 23, in Astana.
Speakers of the session – practicing British lawyers from leading international law firms were as follows.
- Simon Cox – Partner of the Norton Rose Fullbright / London;
- Simon Davis – Deputy Vice President of the Law Society of England and Wales;
- Michael Gifford – Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Tatiana Menshenina – Partner of the Withers / London.
The main purpose of the session was the discussion of the following topics:
- Expected changes in English Law and policies arising from EU exit;
- The relevance of English Law to Kazakh businesses in 2018 and beyond;
- Implications for capital markets and Kazakh companies in Europe.
This event was continued in Almaty on April 25, where Rashid Gaissin also moderated one of the discussions. On the behalf of INTEGRITES Kazakhstan Сo-Managing Partner Kurmangazy Talzhanov and Senior Associate Dariga Dairanbek attended this event.
The moderator and speakers held a very fruitful and constructive conversation on the above topics and answered a number of questions from the summit participants.