Partner at INTEGRITES Igor Krasovskiy has been elected as a Co-Chair of the Renewables Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (the Chamber).
The newly established Chamber Renewables Committee will serve an expert platform for promoting transparency and stability on the Ukrainian renewable energy market, creating advantageous and fair business climate as well as improving the investment climate in this area.
In his new role, Igor will contribute to the development of the favorable legal and regulatory framework in the renewables, in particular, focusing on:
– facilitating implementation of a new model pre-PPA which would meet all bankability criteria typically required by foreign lenders and investors;
– relaxing exchange and capital controls to ensure that typical project finance structures, technics and hedging instruments are capable of being implemented in Ukraine to finance the renewables energy project;
– keeping a feed-in tariff at a commercially viable level for the electricity producers;
– implementing effective electricity balancing models and introduce the full liability of the grid connection provider for the imbalances;
– relaxing regulatory constraints related to the construction and operation of the wind and solar PV plants
“It is a great honor and responsibility for me to assume the role of Co-Chair of the Chamber Renewables Committee. The Committee has a truly unique mission to bring renewables producers, investors, financiers and those who care about future generations together to create transparent and reliable regulatory framework for renewable energy in Ukraine. Many thanks to all company members for votes, I’m looking forward to an active and productive year ahead”, – comments Igor Krasovskiy.
Igor Krasovskiy is a Partner and Co-Head of the Banking & Finance practice at INTEGRITES. With his key expertise being related to project financing in the energy sector, he advises big international renewable energy producers (such as NBT, Scatec, LongWing) and large institutional sponsors on a complex multimillion transactions.
INTEGRITES is a full-service law firm with headquarter in Ukraine. Particularly focused on renewables, the firm represents the biggest international clients with a cumulative commitment to 2 GW of wind and 500 MW solar power projects in Ukraine which ensures the firm’s leading position on the regional market.
The American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1992. Being a non-governmental member-funded non-profit organization, the Chamber represents business leaders and experts of 600+ Member organizations – the biggest investors and largest multinationals operating in Ukraine. The Chamber’s goal is to improve the business environment and attract foreign investment into the economy through the promotion of predictable, transparent, equitable and stable rules of doing business.