On December 16, 2020, the Cabinet of Ministries of Ukraine via Ordnance No. 1581-p (officially published February 9, 2021) approved a list of 102 investment projects prioritized by the State for the 2021 – 2023 period. These projects focus on areas including transport and infrastructure, power network development, healthcare, sports, and more.
We believe that concessions for transport infrastructure are particularly worthy of investor interest. The Government contemplates launching concessions for:
- seven station buildings of Kharkiv, Dnipro Central, Vinnytsia, Mykolaiv, Chop, Kyiv, and Khmelnytskiy railway stations;
- Terminal No. 1 and the Container Terminal at the port of Chornomorsk (berthing facilities No.No. 1 – 6);
- passenger complex in Odesa Sea Port;
- berthing facilities No.No. 6 – 9 in Berdyanskiy Sea Port;
- railway ferry complex and berthing facilities No.No. 26-28 of Chornomorsk Sea Port.
Concessions will be launched based on the rules established by Ukraine’s Concession Law effective since October 2019. For more information pertaining to the Concession Law, please follow the link.
The concessions will be granted based on the results of concession tenders which proved to be an efficient mechanism based on the results of two previous tenders for Olvia Seaport (Mykolaiv) and Kherson Seaport. For further details, please follow the link.