- Head of International Arbitration
- Recognized legal expert in international arbitration, litigation and international trade with 19 years of professional experience in these fields
- Since 2003, she participated as a representative in over 90 arbitral proceedings in more than 10 jurisdictions under the following arbitration rules – ICC, LCIA, SCC, SCAI, ICAC and MAC at UCCI, GAFTA, FOSFA, LMAA, UNCITRAL
- Acted as an arbitrator in over 70 arbitrations seated in Almaty, Bishkek, Vienna, Kyiv, London, Paris, and Stockholm
- President of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association (since 2016)
- Vice-President of ICC Ukraine (since 2022)
- Chair of Arbitration Commission of the Ukrainian National Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC Ukraine) (since 2022)
- Vice-President of the Polish-Ukrainian Chapter of the Spanish Arbitration Club (since 2020)
- Member of the ICC Arbitration and ADR Commission (since 2018)
- Member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration (since 2018)
- Member of the Global Steering Committee of the ERA-PLEDGE (since 2019)
- Member of the Baltic Litigation Fund (BLF) Advisory Committee (since 2021)
- Head of ADR Committee at the Ukraine’s National Bar Association (since 2021)
- Admitted to Ukraine’s National Bar Association
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and Member of the CIArb Approved Faculty List (AFL)
- Member of IBA, ICCA, UAA, CEA, ASA, ArbitralWomen, ArbAut
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Olena Perepelynska is an author and co-author of more than 130 publications in Ukrainian, Russian, English and Spanish. She takes part in different arbitration events in the CIS counties, Europe, Latin America and the USA, as well as in virtual events, as a speaker, moderator or lecturer.
- Editorial board member of ICC Dispute Resolution Bulletin (since 2021)
- View full list of publications
- ICC Advanced Arbitration Academy for Central & Eastern Europe, 2015
- Diploma in International Arbitration, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (the UK), 2014
- Master of International Law, Institute of International Relations of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, 2005
- Recommended for Dispute Resolution: International in Ukraine (Band 1), Chambers Global 2022 and Chambers Europe 2022
- Recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” for Arbitration and Mediation, recommended for international arbitration, Litigation, Best Lawyers 2022
- Recognized as a Thought Leader-Arbitration 2021 and Global Leaders-Arbitration 2022, Who`s Who Legal
- Recognized as Leading Individual for Dispute Resolution, The Legal500 EMEA 2021
- Recognized as Leader of Practice for International Arbitration and Private clients, “Client’s choice. TOP 100 best lawyers of Ukraine – 2021” by Yurydychna Gazeta
- Ranked as #1 arbitration practitioner and one of the leading legal experts in International Trade in Ukraine, Ukrainian Law Firms 2021. А Handbook for Foreign Clients
- Included into the list of the most successful female lawyers in Ukraine, Women in Law 2021
- Recognized as an expert, Commercial Arbitration; Women in Business Law, Expert Guides 2021
- Included into Arbitration Powerlist 2020: CIS and Caucasus released by The Legal500 editorial
- Successfully represented Ukrkhimtransamiak in ICAC (Kyiv) arbitral proceedings against Togliattiazot with over USD 190 million at stake. She prevailed on both the main claim and the counterclaim.
- Successfully represented the UK-based Jereh's exclusive official dealer for Ukraine – MOSTON Properties Limited – in a USD 8 million LCIA arbitration against the largest gas production company in Ukraine PJSC UkrGasVydobuvannya. She prevailed on both the main claim and the counterclaim. Later on, she successfully represented the client before the Ukrainian courts of all instances in recognition and enforcement proceedings.
- Successfully represented one of the leading Ukrainian steel works in USD 1,5 million arbitration against the Russian buyer under the Swiss rules. The tribunal granted 100% claims of her client and rejected all respondent’s objections regarding reduction of penalties.
- Successfully represented the Swiss grain trader in GAFTA arbitration against another Swiss grain trader, where she has prevailed on damages claim. As a result, the defeated debtor has voluntarily paid the awarded amount to her client.
- Advised the party on Ukrainian law issues in the USD 2 billion litigation before the High Court of London.
- Advised a Swiss grain trader regarding fraud and conspiracy litigation in Cyprus against the Ukrainian agricultural group and its UBO.
- Takes an active part in improving Ukrainian arbitration legislation
- Coordinates UAA Arbitration School – an annual platform gathering students and lecturers from different countries aimed at sharing experience and knowledge in the field of international arbitration
- Supports the global initiative of gender diversity in arbitration through ERA Pledge and other international and local initiatives